Monday, September 8, 2014

Hello again...





WOW, to say it's been a long time would be an understatement lol. I started this blog with all good intentions. I planned to chronicle our journey as we learned to navigate the world of autism with my beautiful son J. I started out strong and then eventually petered out. As I mentioned in one of my earlier blog posts, I think I hit a wall and became burned out on the topic of autism so to speak. Not that I stopped living it or researching, or that I backed off from doing all that I can to help my son. However, I needed to back away from reading every single blog I could find on the topic, spending any free minute I had reading about various therapies, and obsessing over every single thing J did or didn't do and why certain things were or weren't working. I unintentionally stepped away from this blog for a while. Then, as often happens, life got busy and in the way and this poor old blog was neglected. Things have settled down a bit, so I am going to attempt writing again.   A LOT has gone on over the past 1.5 years, so we have lots of catching up to do :)

I need to update everyone on Jake's progress over the past year and a half  (can you believe he is going to be 4! next month?!?!) and on everything that has been going on with our family. Right now it's late so I'm not going to write too much. But here's a little preview of part of why we've been so busy...






2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! They are both so adorable, and the little brother looks so much like his big brother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mina!!! I have still been following your story as well :)

      Delete